Wednesday, August 22, 2007

We have a foundation!

That's right folks! We have a foundation for our house now! That means we have cement! It was layed sometime this morning, because this is what it looked like when I drove by after school at 4:30. I have started back to work now, so I will be driving by the house everyday to check on it. The house is so close from my work... 1.5 miles! :)

Can you see the big pile of wood behind the house? That is the wood for the frame of the house behind us. They will always be one step ahead of us.
As cement sets it gets stronger and stronger with time. I think they will be on this step for a while because they will have to give the foundation some time to get strong. They will do things to it to help it like watering it and putting pressure on the steel framing inside.

I changed the options for commenting, so everyone should be able to comment now if you want. I would love to hear from you if you are checking this blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. I like checking out your blog. i am trying to get into blogging now, so come check out our blog! :) let me know if you guys want to hang out at all this weekend, otherwise we will see you guys on Sunday!Is anyone else from home group on blogspot, or just us?

Anonymous said...

Hi Stepie & Matt,
Sorry we are behind on the blog site but Aunt Jeanne and Robert were in town for a week and not one moment to get on the computer......
Your house looks wonderful and so do you guys and your cats and your friends. And congrats to Matt on having a new job! When you get in your house your commute will be great. Love you lots. Grandma & Grandpa XOXOXOXO