Thursday, March 6, 2008

More Beautiful Snow!

Isn't is amazing! We got 6 more inches of snow today in Denton! Here are pictures of our house and our street when I got home from work today at 3:00. They are covered in snow. Yes, I got home at 3:00... they gave the kids a half day today due to the weather. Hopefully we will get a snow day tomorrow too. I'm starting to get a cold and I want to stay home and rest so it doesn't get worse.
There is my car parked in front of our house... I tried to pull into the garage, but couldn't make it up the driveway because of the snow.
I was determined to park it in the garage, so I got our shovel and stared clearing the driveway. No, we don't have a snow shovel... this was the same shovel that Matt used last weekend to dig a hole for his new tree. It worked though... and only took me about a half hour. Didn't I do good? It was my first time. :)
Here's the back yard before Matt and I played in all the snow....
We had a lot of fun playing in the snow! We made life size snowman replicas of ourselves... Stephanie Jr. and Matt Jr. It was fun decorating them... We used pretzels for noses, and banana's for mouths.
It was really cold outside... I am happy to be inside an warm. I think we should get snow like this once every year since it's so beautiful... Not more that once though... shoveling the snow really is hard work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your snow pictures and especially the snowman Jr's. Now I know what my great-grandchildren will look like! Glad this time you are getting it and not us. Oh, why didn't you shovel Matt's side? Love & Hugs